Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

Didn't Get Much Done Today

Hi,

For some reason been a little tired today, haven't done what I wanted to do. I have been reviewing some YouTube Craft Video's on some different things that I've been having trouble with. I wonder if other people have had as much trouble as I have learning all the different techniques. This week I did learned how to do the Mokune Gane and the Rose Cane, both of which I'm no expert at and will keep practicing.

Now I want to tackle the Skinner Blend....dadadadom. I finally got it to where I could put the 2 triangles together and put them through the PM and I got them to blend very nicely, it was just to small in my opinion to do what I wanted with it. I had used and 1/4 of both bars, so maybe I will try using 1/2 bar each color and see if that will help me. I'll get it figured out one way or another. I am also open to other peoples opinions, ideas and instructions. So feel free to leave me any helpful hints you want to.

Hey, I also need to spend sometime on here so I can learn what all can be done here. LOL, I don't even know where to go to upload a pic on here. So see no matter what we do in life we always have something to learn.

Yesterday, I forgot to thank a dear friend. Deborah Steinetz came up with the name of my blog, so thank you Deborah for all your help in getting me started in this journey and naming it for me.

Until Tomorrow,
Dana

5 comments:

  1. Awww you are more than welcome hun! AND I LUV the new background...it's so sunny and happy! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see you have a new blog...yea!.
    Using more clay will help you for sure, In the beginning, doing a whole package isn't a bad idea. There are tons of canes to make from the skinner blend or you can save some of it for later.
    Using a stop on you're pasta machine would help you with smaller amounts of clay. I need to do a video on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Alice I will try that. I guess you have your next video project now...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Deborah you don't think it is too bright do ya...I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. see what you did to me??? Another thing on my list..lol

    ReplyDelete